Breakfast is served in the dining room between 7.00am and 8.30 am Monday to Friday and between 9.00am and 10.00 am Saturday and Sunday (please ask if alternative arrangements are required).
Full Yorkshire* breakfast is offered , alongside croissants, toast, yoghurts, cereals*, fresh fruit salads, fruit juices*, and Faye’s freshly squeezed orange juice, a selection of teas*, herbal teas* and filter coffee. In addition the menu will show choices to order such as porridge*, French toast, boiled eggs with toasted soldiers, scrambled eggs with or without smoked salmon, continental breakfast (Yorkshire and regional cheeses and a variety of farmhouse and crusty breads, including organic).
*Yorkshire breakfast includes locally produced free range eggs, locally produced dry cured bacon, local speciality and award winning sausages , vine tomatoes, locally produced mushrooms and homemade potato cakes.
*Organically sourced wherever possible
We endeavour to cater for special dietary requirements. Please use our contact form or telephone on 01977 682252 and ask for Faye or Kevin to enquire further and to tell us your requirements.
We are able to book a table for you at nearby restaurants. (There are three in the village and more in nearby Sherburn-in-Elmet or Selby.) Details will be made available in our information packs to each room.
Guests are kindly requested to not bring back takeaway meals to their rooms (due to potential damage to soft furnishings). However a table will be laid for you on request in the dining room so that takeaways can be eaten in the dining area. (There is no charge for this facility).
Alcoholic drinks are available to purchase from our shop and can be consumed within the Barn. Glasses will be made available and wine uncorked upon request at no extra charge.
The Sourcing of Food Used at The Barn
Foods are sourced by looking at their provenance and their locality, and for some foods, whether they are organic and /or fair trade.
Most of the foods we use are sourced within a five mile radius of The Barn in order to support local small businesses and to keep air miles to a minimum.
We also provide organic foods for the breakfast table wherever possible.
Please see below for the list of food and drink suppliers. The most locally situated are listed first. Foods marked * are organic. Foods marked # are fairtrade.
- Homemade Truffles and Fudge – made using Longley Farm butter and cream, Brackenhill preserves, Taylors Coffee
- Homemade Biscuits – made using Longley Farm butter, free range eggs from Hambleton
- Sausages – (Free range ) – Rorty Crankle (Monk Fryston), Starkey’s Butchers (Sherburn-in Elmet) and Hall Garth Farm, (Birkin)
- Eggs – (Free range) – Parkins , Hambleton Village
- Bacon – (Dry cured) – from Hall Garth Farm, Birkin Village
- Sliced bread – Hinnits Bakery, Ackworth
- Cream and butter – Longley Farm, Holmfirth (Jersey Cows)
- *Muesli – Side Oven, Carr House Farm, Driffield
- Preserves – Brackenhill, Elvington, York and The Fruity Kitchen, York
- Fresh Fruits, Mushrooms, Potatoes, Tomatoes – by Davison and Robinson Wholesalers, Castleford
- Yorkshire Tea, English Breakfast Tea, All Ground Coffees – Taylors of Harrogate and Betty’s of York
- *#Herbal, Flavoured and Fruit Teas – Clipper
- *Brown Cobs and Croissants – Country Choice (baked off in-house daily)
- *Yoghurts – Riverford Farm (local supplier) or Yeo Valley and Longley Farm (Holmfirth, non-organic).
- Smoked salmon – Bleikers, Leeming Bar
- *Apple juice Carr House Farm, (Driffield)